You will lead the product roadmap and direction with specific domain expertise in satellite operations, and an expert at customer needs discovery through product engagement. You will work closely with the executive team, the product development team, and the sales team in shaping the product for the customer's needs.
What You'll Do
- Lead the product pricing and product offering definition.
- Perform market research, distinctive assessment, competitive landscape.
- Significantly contribute to the product roadmap and product portfolio.
- Assess product profitability and competitiveness.
- Will perform customer discovery and engagement.
- Maintain and update customer use scenarios.
- Develop customer retention and satisfaction strategy.
- Will contribute to the sales process, toolset, and demonstration definitions.
- Will engage in customer support and channel support.
Traits You Must Have
- US Citizenship required
- 8+ years of experience in satellite operations (preferably remote sensing), with demonstrated software product management experience from strategy to execution.
- Track record of successful product deployment and customer retention.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- A curious mindset in understanding the specific needs of the customers.
- Experienced with modern product management processes and tools.
- Good understanding of user experience (UX).
- You have worked in commercial space, preferably some “New Space” experience.
This position is based in Houston TX. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company.
What We Can Offer
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Unlimited vacation days, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions.
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Office Amenities (if working in Houston).
About Cognitive Space
Cognitive Space Mission
The number of satellites is expected to grow by 20 times during the next ten years. Just as the telephone required automation a hundred years ago when demand exploded, we will not be able to operate satellites the same way we do today. And so, our mission is to apply the latest technology to effectively orchestrate the evolution of space.
Every new member we bring on is crucial to our business. We are building a team of all-stars, from exceptional aerospace engineers to cloud computing architects to machine learning and data science wizards. We recruit teammates that set very high standards for themselves and are quick to offer innovative ideas.
Seek excellence, be engaged, and foster trust. These values guide us and enable us to be at the forefront of this fast-moving market and build a company we are proud to be a part of.
We Work Amongst
We offer our product to satellite operators and work closely with other aerospace industry partners to reach our vision of an orchestrated space domain. We work with the government (DoD and Civil) and the commercial sector.