You are an expert in data science and machine learning (ML) and interested in building intelligent space systems to modernize satellites' operations. You will be our lead ML engineer and perform ML model architecture development, model validation, data science task prioritization, and research. You will also be involved in data collection, cleaning, and preprocessing, as well as training models and deploying them to production. You have professional experience with reinforcement learning (RL) and artificial intelligence (AI) and stay updated with the field's latest developments.
- Growing and leading a team of data scientists and ML engineers.
- Develop strategy and work plans to implement data science capabilities.
- Understanding business objectives and designing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Developing ML and RL algorithms to solve unique problems.
- Analyzing different ML and RL algorithms and ranking them by their success probability.
- Training models and tuning their hyperparameters.
- Developing new ML methodologies and techniques.
- Deploying ML models to production.
- Managing hardware resources for ML training and production.
- Analyzing the errors of ML models and designing strategies to overcome them.
- Exploring and visualizing data, feature engineering.
- Support and manage data pipelines for ML training.
- Support data generation and acquisition process.
Traits You Must Have
- US Citizenship required
- 6+ years of proven professional experience as a Machine Learning Engineer, Applied Scientist, Data Scientist, or similar role.
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in relevant field (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Proficiency with a deep learning and reinforcement learning framework, such as TensorFlow, Keras or similar.
- Comprehensive knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and deep learning principles to extend existing ML libraries and frameworks.
- Proficiency with Python and ML libraries such as Numpy, SciKit-learn, and Pandas.
- Proficiency in Jupyter Notebook or similar for development and testing.
- Proficiency with Windows and Linux development environments.
- Ability to select hardware to run an ML model with the required latency.
- Familiarity with C++ and object-oriented design.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and work collaboratively on complex tasks.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills.
This position is based in Houston TX. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company.
What We Can Offer
One of the most interesting aspects of working at a startup company is gaining equity in the company, which means our success is your success. In addition to equity in the form of options, we also offer:
- Unlimited vacation days, company holidays, and company retreat
- Cost-effective health care, dental, and vision with company contributions.
- 401K plan
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Office Amenities (if working in Houston)
About Cognitive Space
Cognitive Space Mission
The number of satellites is expected to grow by 20 times during the next ten years. Just as the telephone required automation a hundred years ago when demand exploded, we will not be able to operate satellites the same way we do today. And so, our mission is to apply the latest technology to effectively orchestrate the evolution of space.
Every new member we bring on is crucial to our business. We are building a team of all-stars, from exceptional aerospace engineers to cloud computing architects to machine learning and data science wizards. We recruit teammates that set very high standards for themselves and are quick to offer innovative ideas.
Seek excellence, be engaged, and foster trust. These values guide us and enable us to be at the forefront of this fast-moving market and build a company we are proud to be a part of.
We Work Amongst
We offer our product to satellite operators and work closely with other aerospace industry partners to reach our vision of an orchestrated space domain. We work with the government (DoD and Civil) and the commercial sector.